Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Tiny House Space Saver- Make this great coffee table/bench/storage unit with scrap two-by-fours!

     This is a simple little project that could be tackled by anyone of any skill level and with minimal tools. Steven Harrell of www.tinyhouselistings.com posted this how-to video for us to check out, and when you see the end product, it certainly seems to have some tiny house potential, as a sturdy coffee table like this could double as a bench, and has storage underneath as well.


Just an idea of mine: Add some vertical dividers underneath, and if you wanted to store it upright so that its out of the way and takes up less floor space, it could also serve a FOURTH purpose as an upright book shelf.

Anyway, it would be a fun project to tackle if you haven't done much building and want to get a little practice in before working on that cabin, chicken coop, or shed.

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

...and remember! Set those DVR's!




6 comments:

  1. Awesome show Deek!!! This actually excited my wife. We are now looking for a smaller home. Keep up the good work. Would like to help in any way I can. I'm a drafting teacher at a high school near Wilmington, NC. Let me know if you need help with designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I recently heard about your projects and have truly been inspired!

    I have started my own tiny studio and am now finishing sheathing so you're creative ideas are getting my ideas moving as I go.

    Feel free to check out my progress at http://www.atinystudio.com/

    Thanks again!
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Derek.

    My name is Kevin Hamilton. I am contacting you in hopes that you might be interested in hosting a workshop on our organic farm here in southern Ontario. Dunnville, Ontario to be exact. We have hosted lots of successful workshops here over the years and we would like to do a tiny homes workshop. We could worksomething out to make it worth our collective whiles, so to speak! June, July and August are possibilities depending on your schedule of course. If you are interested in exploring this please contact me at 905-701-7255 or sharedharvestdunnville@gmail.com.

    Thanks in advance. We very much appreciate your art and work!

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. I think I need it.
    ---
    Signature:
    i like play games juegosjuegos.com | jogos do friv | juegos de matar zombies

    ReplyDelete