Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Sunday, December 2, 2012

You think your tiny house/structure is cramped? Tiny Swedish Sauna On Wheels

Um....maybe a little too close for comfort for me, but what a cool little mobile structure! I just don't think I'd use clear paneling for my sauna walls....
    This thing is tiny, and you can somewhat see that its being pulled by what looks like a small station wagon. The concept might make for a cool little, boxy, micro camper though...

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen


  1. Have you thought of making a light weight high R factor unit? Use 1X2 for the framing glued to paneling in the inside with an aluminium skin? Everything I see you make is so heavy with the 2X4 frame. Think foam insulation. It's fun to work with and it takes a bit of work before you get the hang of it. Maybe a fiber glass skin use the heavy matt. I made a camper for my pick up which was ral strong because it was glued together. Resin glue works the best. Then finish the wood off with burnt lindseed oil which done write will last for centuries. Varnish is something also real good to work with but take time and more work.

  2. Hey Bob, I actually rarely use 2by4 frames, and when so, its usually in travel trailers that have to withstand high wind loads on the highway. I've done quite a few ply-skin structures, and work with 2by3's, even 1.5's by 1.5's. Yeah, varnish is great too- looks amazing, but like you said, it takes several applications and time.