joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, December 17, 2012

"The Darrington Cabin" Mock Ups- A Tiny Guest House/Office....



I've never really messed around with Google Sketch-up before, just because I haven't had the chance, so with a little block of time today I decided to mess around a bit, with some off-shoot ideas (and there will be many other to come) for a micro-cabin I'll eventually be building, that I've named "The Darrington" (a combination of "Deek" and "Harrington" (a nod to Kevin Harrington of www.COZYHOMEPLANS.com, who has been so helpful with my videos, and blog.

The cabin is 8' by 12', and 10' tall at its highest point, and what you see here is a mere rough draft.

Not shown is the work desk, toilet, ladder (or steps) to the loft, gutters (by the entrance), and support legs for the flip-up wall/canopy (IF we decide to incorporate it into the build at all).




Again, these sketch-ups are pretty darn rough, as, well, I've used the program for about a total of 2 hours and that's it. I DO see how people can get addicted though, and heck, its a free program! No complaints here.

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen