joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm back! (three sketches in our series of SIXTY)- and our new treehouse video...

First- thanks to Lloyd Kahn over at Lloydkahn.com for posting on my "Top Ten Tiny House Books" list....

And before we get to the new sketches below (part of our "Sixty Shack Sketches In Sixty Days"- leading to the release of that new version of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" (below)), here's my latest video for Make Magazine- part of my "Tiny Yellow House" series. Its a how-to/tour on a tree house, dubbed "The Wolfe's Den" that I built and designed out in the Catskills (NY).


As for the sketches- here are a few new, and lesser seen ones I've done- some merely rough ideas, but they convey the point/concepts....these are sketches #24, #25, and #26 (ALMOST half way there!)

Some of you who have been to the far end of Nantucket might recognize this one....its a tiny sideline sketch that actually appears in a text section of the new version of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks".
An assortment of stilt-cabin rough sketch ideas....

A mini sketch illustrating the multi-purpose stair set-up in my Vermont Cabin/Tiny House.
-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen