joshua tree workshop 2018

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"The Horror Hut"- for lack of a better name- a solar, writer's shack/tiny retreat house


I'm pretty much finished with my latest mini-cabin, a solar greenhouse that also doubles as a backyard office, or in this case a writer's retreat (for horror fiction author John Grover- www.shadowtales.com). I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, and I'll have MANY more photos soon (and specs, details, cost wrap ups, etc).


And a lil' tiny house updating/news....

THANKS to Steven Harrell over at tinyhouselistings.com for posting on my Wolfe's Den Treehouse Video (which I just released I haven't even posted on my blog yet! perhaps tomorrow).

Also- Big Thanks to Kent Griswold at tinyhouseblog.com for posting on my Christmas-Tree-Shaped Tiny House concept too- on Christmas Day....

Alex Pino over at tinyhousetalk also has a REALLY cool web event (limited to 100 chatters) happening tomorrow as well- 9pm EST- check out www.tinyhousetalk.com for details...

And....more on it soon, but in February, myself, Dee Williams, Jay Shafer, and Pepper Clark will be gathering in Seattle for something tiny house related- which should be a blast, and a fun chance for quite a few of us tiny housing nuts to get together and swap ideas.

I'll post TWO new sketches tomorrow too- as part of "Sixty Shack Sketches In Sixty Days".....I have to run and don't have time to scan the new stuff right now....


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen