joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Treehouse a in Brooklyn Backyard.....and my NEW video on a $200 shelter/hut/vacation cabin

Photos by Trevor Tondro for the New York Times- some GREAT shots!
 Thanks to Jon Kalish from NPR for passing on this one....and I LOVE its incorporation of recycled and second-hand materials. Its so simple, and even "klunky", but therein lies the charm of this place.

FOR THE FULL ARTICLE....
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/garden/a-treehouse-grows-in-brooklyn.html?_r=2&ref=nyregion 

AND- here's a new mini video I shot, based on a tiny, pre-fabricated, shelter, single-sleeper, or micro vacation cabin that we built at our 2011 Relaxshacks.com Workshop- based on designs and sketches of mine (some from my book).



FILE UNDER: Tree fort, Treehome, Treehouses, Clubhouses, Hand Built Homes

Only $11.53- the NEW edition of my book- click on the Amazon link on the left hand column of the blog. 

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen