Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A sneak at something else I've been working on- a prefabricated 64 square foot cabin/guest house

64 square feet- all prefabricated and re-assembled in 8 hours. Built and Designed by Derek
"Deek" Diedricksen. Its a guest house/room/study- built on a budget, and using stock-length materials, thereby saving time and materials. It makes use of a recycled door, and all the windows were found curbside.

By having 8' high ceilings, allowing much natural light inside, and a pop-out/cantilevered window, the mere 64 square feet seems larger once inside. This cabin also contains a built in sleeping platform/couch, some built-in shelving, a mini-deck out front, and room for an armchair, side table, and then some. 

This cabin was built for a TV show segment, but I can't show the photos until it airs. This particular shot is by someone else, and I stumbled upon it online, so what the heck, I might as well post it. When the time comes I have a mini video tour of this thing, and a ton of photos to show this tiny house/cabin inside and out. I'm eventually going to add a bathroom, and a raised, sleeping platform/bunk inside it. 

Its another cabin based from one of the designs in my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks".
Only $11.53- the NEW edition- on amazon.com- use the link in the left hand column
-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen


6 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what show? Also, I know the whole idea of these is to make it yourself, but man I don't have any of the tools or know how... Make me one! I am looking forward to my book arriving, though! I think I pre-ordered too early! The anticipation is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol= that's the publisher, not me- sorry! Feb 1st its out....thanks too! As for making these, we'll eventually host a "Tiny Yellow House" episode on it, and its REALLY easy, once you grab a few simple tools and just start learning the simple tricks of the trade...there's really no better way to learn than to just start working on something. Sounds cliche, but its true....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a show for The History Channel- part stats, part comedy...I'm really not supposed to say anything on it- so I'm told (and contracted- :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey good enough for me as long as I get enough advanced warning so I can set my DVR!!

    ReplyDelete