joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, November 12, 2011

One Crazy Week Of Tiny House Happenings! (and visiting the original Tumbleweed House)

Phew! I made it through the week- and well, actually enjoyed the mayhem- afterall, I am just a little obsessed with micro-architecture and tiny homes....


 Looking back on my week, I realized that I...

-Took another trip to Walden Woods- to pick up one of my cabins that was on display there for a month (hiked for about 2 hours or so)

-Lectured at M.I.T. on the small house scene, and talked about the background of the concepts in my tiny housing/shelter/shack book, and did a demo on trash-to-cash recycling- filmed it too- we'll eventually get it up online.

-Sketched some new freebie plans for the Occupy Movement- a cabin plan set titled "Occupy THIS", that will soon be up, and free, on this site. Its another tiny portable cabin you can build for anywhere from $100 to $200.

-Visited (See- gigantinormous photo) the original Tumbleweed Tiny House that Jay Shafer built over a decade ago- shot a tour video on it- I'll start working on that soon as well...

-Met with Steven Sherrick of Obscure Knowledge Productions to do more edit work on our next video for Make Magazine "The Wolfe's Den Treehouse"- which looks AWESOME!

-Edited and finally launched the video for "The Little Blue Bump"- which I had to self-shoot, edit, etc- Steve Sherrick has been swamped with movie work lately (he recently was part of the crew for another Adam Sandler film, and a series of shoots for the navy).

-Pecked away at the author's retreat/greenhouse I'm building here in Massachusetts- which is coming along real nicely- more photos soon!

And I'm probably forgetting quite a few things!
Yeah, I think its Miller time! 



-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

Only $11.53- the NEW edition of my book- order in the left hand column of this blog (Amazon link)