joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, February 7, 2011

Another new sketch- a Ferrocement, free-form treehouse retreat

Hey, it sure beats watchin’ re-runs of Hawaii-5-0 late at night….well, I do that TOO, while sketchin’ out ideas. THIS is another wild-ish daydream concept: A combination of tiny treehousing and ferrocement construction. As “ferro” can used in thin, but strong, applications, the idea isn’t in the realm of the impossible.
A ferrocement treehouse/tiny cabin structure sketch by Derek "Deek" Diedricksen
I’ve been amassing TONS of new sketchs, some that I’ve been showing you, that will eventually someday end up in another new design-concept book on tiny housing and micro-architecture.
Attendees of my 2011 Relaxshacks.com hands-on tiny house/shelter building workshop might be receiving a free advance of some of these designs and art too, in a micro-book format- an addendum or sorts, to my current book “Humble Homes, Simple Shacks…”.
-Derek “Deek” Diedricksen