joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, April 10, 2015

Time Lapse Art by Deek Diedricksen (Graffiti Robot) for Tiny House Display

So, as many recurrent readers here may know, Relaxshacks.com is a bit eclectic, and not JUST about tiny houses, tree houses, and cabins. Oftentimes I like to work in recycled-material furniture, projects, and decor, music, and art- which is the case here.


Coming up on May 1-3, not only do I have a Hands-On Tiny House Building Workshop in Putnam, CT where we'll all be building and designing a cabin together, but those dates also signify the beginning of a gallery showing by NYC artist Maltee Sinanan- a showing where you'll also find a few art pieces on display by myself as well. Friday night MAY 1st, 2015 is Maltee's public opening, so come on down! Its FREE! 

This really will be my very first gallery showing, as most of my art is just shown and sold online, so I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, for potential decor in the cabin we'll build, here's something I worked on the other day (above).

It too, is for sale- $300- I do ship 'em. Any purchases also go towards a new Stoughton, MA revitalization project I'm working on- I've rented out an empty storefront in the troubled (business-wise) district of my town, and will slowly transform this into a window-display art gallery in order to bring some additional life, and light, to this town (its old center). My hope is that down the road, someone will be inspired to rent an empty or abandoned storefront in this town and do the same, and before you know it, voila, we're slowly becoming an art town, and bringing in some new, window-gawking, foot traffic....which then helps the existing businesses.

Meanwhile, to pay the rent, I'll be selling art pieces here and there, and occasionally hosting classes and little workshops in the space. So keep checking back!

Here's the space now..... and just you wait to see what it will look like down the road! We have a long ways to go, but we'll get there!

Of course, if you want to help out, we do have a DONATE button in the upper right corner of this very blog. ANY bit helps, as I'm dropping A LOT of money and time on this project- a frightening amount....


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen