joshua tree workshop 2018

Sunday, November 3, 2013

More photos of my $300 backwoods reading room / tiny cabin in VT....

For more tiny house n' cabin photos- "like" us over at www.facebook.com/tinyhousehub


      Here's a final update on photos I took (with my new Panasonic Lumix DMC G6- which I LOVE!) of my little cabin in Vermont- one that was framed as part of 2012's "Tiny House Summer Camp" up in the woods of the Northeast Kingdom. We will have another workshop like this, off grid, in the future. Anyway, the cabin was made with a large portion of recycled and free materials, and I was thereby able to build it for only $300 USD. Counting all the decor and such- a few items I made, some Ikea stuff, and free and/or yard sale items- the decor budget was under $100. Its a mere 8' by 8', covered in a combination of metal and Tuftex polycarbonate roofing (the clear stuff- the view and light is GREAT!), and built atop a base of local cedar from Goodridge Lumber- my favorite mill up there.


Also, sorry on the lack of blog posts, but I've been...
-In Memphis, shooting some really cool tiny house tour videos with Steven Harrell of www.tinyhouselistings.com and Joe Everson of www.tennesseetinyhomes.com 

-Working my new book to meet my publisher deadline (which has been kicking my butt a little)

-Finishing a tree house for a client just outside Boston- which you'll see soon! It came out awesome!

-Getting ready for our Nov. 15-17th Hands-On Tiny House Building Workshop in Canton, MA- one/two slots left- maybe....

-Finishing ANOTHER cabin to show off at that very workshop....








A video will eventually be shot that will explain how I obtained and found a lot of the materials and how this simple little cabin was built.

If you dig this kind of whimsical, backwoods, diy stuff- check out my tiny structure/cabin/house book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"....


ALSO, if you missed our last weird-junk DIY video- here's it is- a REALLY SIMPLE curbside-found spool table project...