Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Thursday, November 28, 2013

FREE METAL POOL LINERS as TINY HOUSE/CABIN ROOFING?


This is pretty darn clever, and credit must be given where its due. My neighbor, Paul LaCivita, had been saving his above-ground, metal pool sides for years now, and kept saying, you should use this stuff for flooring or roofing. Well, we finally put it to use, and while its look as flooring might not appeal to all (note: in the photo its not cut to fit or held down with trim yet), it would make for a very decent roofing material for a shed, cabin, tiny house, or wood bin. Better yet, people toss out above ground pools ALL THE TIME, or give them away on craigslist, so its not like its a bank breaker!

It IS made to be durable and waterproof.

Why Not?

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

MY BOOK....

4 comments:

  1. Dude! Above ground pools! Friggin' genius. Why didn't I think of that. And for that tidbit of information, I'll share with you one of my secret scores, along the same lines. Playgrounds. Thoise big wooden playgrounds that people buy for their back yards that their nintentards never use. We've scored two so far and have let twice that many get away. Craigslist and freecycle are listing them for free all the time. Still don't know what to do with all the swings and slides yet, but you know it's going to be cool, whatever it is! The wood is great even if it's water rotted, a 16 foot 4x6 is worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that as flooring! Gonna keep my eyes peeled for it, as it would look BOSS in our funky LR. Wow! Thanks Deek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I appreciate you and I would like for sharing this useful information.
    Roof repairs dorset, Roof repairs Bournemouth, Roof coating dorset

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro this is genius! I am gonna try some pool liners on my roof soon!

    ReplyDelete