joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yard Sale Junk Turned Into Amazing House Lamps For Your Home?



Some great, on-the-cheap, lighting ideas here- all in one photo I saw over on www.pinterest.com and on houzz.com. Its on quite a few pages at this point, and rightfully so. File under: Simple and affordable ways to add clever and unique touches to your home.

I've made wine bottle lights in the past, but never tea cup lights- so cool!

Plastic salad and punch bowls, even old-style tupperware could also work well.

Don't write off "wooden light hoods" either. It sounds crude, but even a simple painted, hanging, "box" with a few variously-sized holes drilled it in, makes for a fun, effective, and unique looking ceiling light.

Here's another great lamp from Design Squish 


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

2 comments:

  1. A few years back I picked up some cheap colanders one giant and one smaller. I cut a hole in the bottom middle of each one and screwed in a light fixture. One was suspended in my kitchen over the dining table the other over the sink. the shiny stainless steel made a great reflector while the holes cast awesome light around the room.

    Christmas tree shops has "globe" candle lanterns on sale for cheap right now. really neat in a bunch of colors and sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. junk yards near me

    ReplyDelete