Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What the heck is THIS? Tiny House Wall Art from Trash....

 To be used in a cabin I'm working on......The aim is to build it with a good deal of recycled materials AND to decorate it with as much free and found crud as I can- just for the sport of it. 

'Found this on a walk through the neighborhood, sticking out of the top of someone's trash can, and I can only imagine that it might be an old fashioned range plate (for a stove top). Any ideas? Regardless, I loved the cool, symmetrical look of it, blasted it with some "2X Coat Rustoleum Spray Paint", and it shall be a future wall hanging in my little cabin on wheels "The Cub", which I HOPE to have done in two weeks. The piece is not so profound, but that's kind of the point.

And wait til you see some of the other stuff I recently came across too! Jackpot!!


  1. Very cool! I love found art. If I had the opportunity to show you, I found a brass base from a lamp, and put a pillar candle on the top! I also found two small cabinet door fronts and glued the back with some faux leather hinges that don't show, and made the front frames, putting photo in the inset. You go!!!

  2. Looks like it could be a clutch plate. Ever seen people at that house working on their car?

  3. you (&your readers!) make me so happy inside :-) I made a bliss list the other day and "re-lifing fading things" was near the tip top <3

  4. Why not knock and ask? I would be too curious not to! :D

  5. Automatic transmission friction plate

    1. Thanks so much for the input.....transmission plate seems to be the answer.....and it now serves as an outside decoration on my newest tiny house on wheels "the cub".....