joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, April 1, 2013

"Funkadelic" Coffee Table (with storage) made from trash and pallets


Finally, some good weather! Well, weather in the low 50s, which 'round Boston is "t-shirt weather". 
I used this opportunity over the last few days to:
-Start cutting and installing metal roofing on my tiny cabin/house of wheels "The Light Box"
-Begin some shed cleaning and downsizing (finding some materials along the way that I forgot I had!).
-Build a mock-up real-size end frame for my in-the-works A-Frame Cabin Plans
-and build THIS recycled material coffee table.




 I might shoot a simple video on this project soon, but basically, its a mess of recycled wood and pallet boards, atop a free aircraft shipping container (I get these from a friend all the time), trimmed out with some rip scraps I had, and it stands on pipe fitting legs (the only things I paid for, aside from the paint that I already had in stock). The legs were almost $20, but I loved the look so much that I decided to take the hit- you could easily add cheaper, or free, wooden legs, of course.  

What I love about the top of the table (which comes off to reveal a large storage area) is that it could also potentially be hung as an art piece as well. 

I'm going to eventually sell this after I use it in a shoot for a cabin I'm building (for my "Tiny Yellow House" youtube show). 

 


-