joshua tree workshop 2018

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Vermont Treehouse In The Snow....

Deep in the woods of Vermont......
The deck is made from ALL salvage wood, from a deck being torn down that I spotted en route to VT
I was up in the Northeast Kingdom (The "NEK") of Vermont at my camp over the weekend, and hiked out in the 18" or so of snow (tiring) to take a few winter shots of the tree house I built a few years ago for my brother Dustin. This tree shelter/fort has also since become micro-lodging for those who attend/attended my Tiny House Building Workshops, alongside the many other shacks, cabins, and tiny houses on the property- all of them off-grid, and none of them accessible by road.
     If you're looking to attend another one of our 3 day, 40-contact-hour, hands-on, building workshops, our next one will be April 26th-28th, in Wilmington, NC- its gonna be fun!!! kidcedar at gmail.com if you'd like to sign up.
     Below is also a video tour of this tree house/tiny shelter....a similar concept sketch layout is in my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks".






New Porcupine Damage.....

All photos by Derek "Deek" Diedricksen