joshua tree workshop 2018

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why I like clear roofing in my tiny shacks/shelters/houses...

Well, aside from the natural light, the affordability, its light weight, ease of installation, the look (I love it, some don't), and the flexibility....this photo pretty much sums it up: THE VIEW, and the filtration of colored light you receive in the fall (my favorite season) is one of the main things I love. The brand I use, since many ask, is "TUFTEX"- the rest that I've used, is crap by comparison. Of course, this stuff does have its downside too, its plastic (environmentally), and r-value wise its lousy- although GREAT for solar gain in the winter!


The cabin above is "THE GYPSY JUNKER", one of the micro cabins thats on the premises for our "Tiny House Building Workshop" in MA this weekend. Its also featured in my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" AND in the video below, which gives you a full tour!