joshua tree workshop 2018

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

More Cheapo Stained Glass Windows for your Tiny House/Shed/Cabin!

Again, I never really go out of my way to look for the stuff, it just happens to cross my path and spark an idea.....or twelve.....or maybe its just the caffeine talkin'?


Aside from building a tiny guest sleeper/cabin on a trailer bed (I just bought one), and messing with MANY alternative construction, and recycled-building ideas at our Relaxshacks.com "Tiny House-Building (Hands-On!) Workshop (3 Days!)" on November 2-4 in Stoughton, MA AND touring many tiny shelters, Jay's FIRST Tumbleweed Tiny House, The Whittled Down Caravan, Mariah Coz's "Comet Camper", and more, we'll be tweaking a lil' seasonal guest cabin I once built for The History Channel (see video below), that was dubbed "The All Eights Cabin". This cabin was also featured in my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks". It was a rushed project- two days to design, pre-build, haul to NY, and assemble- but all things considered, I love the way it came out- yet I feel there are many improvements we can all make together- and ideas on its layout that we can come up with collectively. I'm talking fun, out-there, daring, no-one's really tried this stuff before, improvements and design approaches. 

One being some new, and funky/colorful/bizarre windows- and do I ever have a collection of stuff that we can pick from! This former stained glass trinket/jewelry tray (at a Boy Scout tag sale for $1.00) is yet another item we might make use of! Wine Bottle windows? Recycled refrigerator glass shelves, vintage window sashes, old school glass punch bowls, slider doors? Yup, we got 'em all....

We have about two or three slots left for this workshop, as we want to keep it capped at twenty or so people so as to make it intimate, SO, if you're interested, don't wait too long. kidcedar at gmail dot com

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen