Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Bizarre, Busted-Bicycle-Band Bookshelf- Budget/Space Saving Storage

 Somewhat recently, I've filmed/worked on a few simple and low budget project videos/episodes for "Tiny Yellow House" and for Make Magazine, and this was one of them- its a bicycle inner-tube bookshelf, that is affordable, removable, and can be used for storing books either on top, of stretched-within (as shown). Its simply made of stock threaded pipe pieces, flanges, and a few bike bands- all of which I got for free from Velocycle in Canton, MA (thanks!).
   As a "double feature", I shot this episode (still being edited) at the "Wooden Wonders" Hobbit Hole HQ in Unity, ME, so you'll get to see some cool shots, interiors, and more.....well, once I finish.
   Its another, recycled-material idea that might end up in the follow-up to my "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" tiny-housing book, which I've been working on for some time.

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen


  1. Looks like Rocky's Woodshire to me...http://www.wooden-wonders.com/products.html

    SJ, Rocky's neighbor

  2. It is Rocy's place in Unity....which is featured in half the video- I installed the shelf/project in one of their "wooden wonders" hobbit holes....

  3. Sorry, that bookshelf is just awful.

  4. yeah i'm gonna have to agree with Dean on this one. That is just dumb looking

  5. not to be overly negative - the house itself looks amazing!

  6. I love this hobbit house! The door itself just smiles and seems to say "come on in!" The bookshelf? It may not be "pretty" but hey, it works!