joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, June 11, 2012

A recycled/repurposed pallet deck at a tiny/small house rental in CT

A "redneck" recycled pallet deck, photo by Derek "Deek" Diedricksen
     Well, I just got back from CT, visiting some family, and doing a book presentation, slide show, and signing at the Guilford Library (which went VERY well- 92 people, on a normally-dead Saturday too! Thank you!), and had the chance to take MANY photos for my eventual tiny house follow-up book to "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks". I nabbed some shots of some really tiny homes from the Connecticut Shoreline area, and over time will be sharing them with you here, and perhaps on Kent Griswold's Tinyhouseblog.com and on Alex Pino's tinyhousetalk.com. Both great guys, with great blogs....

Meanwhile, yup, still preppin' like crazy for "Tiny House Summer Camp"in Vermont- where we might have one additional bad-ass guest on board....details to come.... I really can't wait for this 4 day excursion into tiny house and cabin building! We still have a little room if you might be interested. kidcedar at gmail dot com.

Anyway, above, is a pallet, that my father grabbed from the post construction blitz in the wake of hurricane Irene. This thing is huge, 5' by 12' perhaps, and on seeing it, I suggested it be dragged, and "made" into a tiny little deck, overlooking the marsh our three generations rental cottage sits on. I've seen this view a million times, and it still hasn't gotten old to me. This place is for rent too, and we have openings in the summer, so contact me if you might be interested- it might stand as a chance to try out small house living, as this cape cottage is barely 1000 square feet, but clevely laid out to make it seem like more- it has its own little beach too. Again, email me at the address mentioned above. I'd gladly give you a call to tell you where all the tiny house sight seeing in the area is too....and then some.....

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen