joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Super Tiny Houseboat/Shantyboat- in the works....and "The Cub" Cabin/Work Shed

A preliminary daydream rough sketch of the micro, jon boat, shelter/houseboat that I've been working on....
                                        
     Well, I started this, as a lead up to the new version of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"- to show some new, old, and b-side cabin and tiny house concepts I had sketched up, but things like new projects, a trip to Seattle, being involved with the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, and a trip to Florida got me very sidetracked and pinched for time. I ain't no quitter though, so lets work on burying this one!

Here are sketches #56 and #57- unreleased and rough stuff.....

CLICK TO ENLARGE.... rough plans for an alteration of "The Cub" Cabin I designed....
 I also have some more shantyboat and houseboat sketches (as I'm building one) AND A VIDEO, that I'll be tossing up soon. I recently purchased a domain name for a side blog to chronicle the progress of this lil' floating shelter...

And "Tiny House Summer Camp" in Northern Vermont- July 6, 7, 8, 9th- while not even fully billed and posted ("officially") already has some people signed up. If interested, kidcedar at gmail dot com. Building, tiny house and cabin tours, stay in a treehouse(!), a few meals included, campfire talks, solar demos, and more(!)- $399 early bird for the 4 day experience (by May 15th). The next TWO people who sign up will also get a free copy of Lloyd Kahn's spectacular book "Tiny Homes, Simple Shelter"- where THE Vermont cabin, we'll be staying in, and hanging out in, is featured. Its a kick-arse $25 book that we'll toss your way for signing up.

We'll all rotate and you'll have the chance to stay in a rustic log cabin, a treehouse, my vermont cabin, and perhaps even a micro cabin like "The Hickshaw". Tenting spots are also provided. There's nearby camp-cabin lodging too, for those who want a more "glamping"-like experience.
-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen