joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tumbleweed House Workshop in Miami- which I'm hosting....

I'M MIAMI BOUND....
This has been mentioned recently on my facebook tiny-housing group, but not on this blog as of yet...

     We have another post coming later...a book review on "Woodland Style"- a really cool tome on decorating one's cabin with natural materials, AND MANY (catch-up time!) sketches for my "Sixty Shack Sketches In Sixty Days" Series- now that my scanner is up and running....again, these sketches are roughs, outtakes, and brainstorms from my work leading up to the new version of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks", which you can check out NOW on Amazon.com (is gotten great reviews from Lloyd Kahn, Gregory Paul Johnson, Pete Nelson (Treehouse Guru), Jay Shafer, Mimi Zeiger, Kurt Cobain (not really- just seeing if you're still with me), Readymade Magazine, and beyond).

PS- today the book made its highest ranking yet- #2 WORLDWIDE in sales for Carpentry Books- crazy....  Thank you! I think Alex Pino's recent video review also might have had something to do with it. Thanks Alex (from tinyhousetalk.com)!



Anyway....onto more important matters...
This Tumbleweed Miami workshop will be one of a small amount that I'm taking on for now as I'm so busy with so many other client builds, video shoots (for the show "Tiny Yellow House" that I host), my blog, my new book, and related speaking engagements, but I'm very excited to be a part of it. 'Never been to Miami either. I told Steve Weissman and Jay Shafer, "As long as its not Chernobyl, Compton, or Three Mile Island" I'd be interested."

It'll be a Tumbleweed Workshop, but one that incorporates my own styles, information, and specialties as well- salvaging materials for building (the why, how, and where), time saving building tips, how to build a tumbleweed or your tiny home for less (outside of salvaging), and so on.....
 
By the way, if you missed my tour of the original Tumbleweed house from a ways back, check out the video here...


 Anyway, I'm very much so looking forward to it, and perhaps I'll see some of you down there. 


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen