joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, December 12, 2011

A truck in a tree-house? Why the heck not....


     I actually have wanted to do something semi-similar for a long time (with a different type of vehicle) but this one (especially with a classic model truck) sure is unique. I'm not sure if this is real or photo-shopped, but still, does it really matter? It is possible. Personally, I'd build some sort of covered cabin in the bed of the truck, so as to enable overnighting in this tree house, but that's just me. I'd additionally cut out the back wall of the truck's cab and remove the seats and somehow connect these two "chambers". Regardless, I thought some of you might get a kick out of this if you haven't seen it before.


     I also included a lesser-seen treehouse sketch of mine as well- one that was posted quite a ways back, but when we have a very small reader count, so some of you might not have seen this one before- so, for that reason (and because I'm dealing with a killer headache tonight (but STILL am working on some new sketches), here's #11 in "SIXTY SHACK SKETCHES IN SIXTY DAYS". This cabin-a-thon, doodle-spree, is all leading up to the release of the NEW and EXPANDED edition of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"- which you can check out now on Amazon.com.




$11.49- now on Amazon.com- The NEW/EXPANDED edition of the book....
"The Troffice"- an office-treehouse combination....sketch and design by Derek "Deek" Diedricksen
-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen