joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, September 26, 2011

Random scribblings and dribblings (and their sibblings).....tiny/small house, cabin, shed, fort, and vacation camp ideas

Here are some sketches and what not that I stumbled upon in the dark, dusty, recesses of my internet scan/photo box.....some of 'em aren't so hot, but you just never know what tiny little detail, angle, or approach might spark off some other idea for one of you.....

This is a more recent pen, marker, and crayon sketch for a potential client- as I was just hashing out some ideas in my head- for a shed/work space. I actually kinda like the 2nd from the bottom, boxy, multi-windowed one- super simple in concept and look, but the windows kind of save it.

This one was from the back of a junk mail envelope- apparently I had no other paper within reach at the time when I was brainstorming "The GottaGiddaWay" cabin.

This one I might have shared before (can't recall)- its in some of the later assembled versions of my book (in place of the old "Vegetable Oil Heater" sketch (I later felt I didn't want to encourage people to play with fire and oil), and will be in ALL the new editions of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks". 

Another newish one, that I posted a sneak of a ways back- more kid-oriented, but just expand it in size, and it could satisfy a kid-at-heart adult. This one won't be in the new edition of my book, but might be in the next book.
    Most of these drawings stink, as they're simply fast (n' furious (without the Vin Diesel lisp)) rough drafts, so please don't let them scare you away from my other real, "serious", stuff.




-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen