joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, July 29, 2011

El Camino's as campers? (A photo gallery of 60s/70s/80s RV Campers/Mobile Dwellings?)


For those who checked out my re-airing of the Chronicle HD TV feature on CBS Boston tonight- welcome, and the designs you saw (AND Approx. FIFTY MORE) are in my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"- which you can order BELOW- or in either side column of this blog..

That said...

 I'm fascinated with car and van dwelling and love reading about the whole mobile living sub-culture....I've slept in MANY a car and van (especially when touring with bands when I was younger) and while I did it the "wrong, unplanned, and unorganized" way, by comparison to seasoned vets, there STILL was such a sense of adventure to it- hopping fences to illegally use hotel pools (a substitute for bathing), overnighting in motel parking lots, sleeping behind gas stations, and you name it....

Anyway, I'm also enamored with the mighty "El Camino"- and for years have been wanting to convert one into a redneck road camper....and while I haven't done so, YET, here are a few very cool camper-versions of this classic automobile. The Ford Ranchero (Ford's version of the El Camino) also would make a great/same-style tiny road house conversion. 


This one is actually a tiny scale model! 




-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen