joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Mayo Beach- Wellfleet, MA- Cape Cod tiny Oyster Shack/House

A fisherman's/oysterman's shack on Cape Cod (photo by Derek Diedricksen)
 Here's a quick shot from my tiny house travels (when we brought one of my micro-houses to the Cape Cod Eco-Fest for display). This shot is from the parking lot area on Mayo Beach- and active oyster farm- and this, as I was told, is more or less the very last oyster shack (for work/lodging) left in that area. You can see that some remodeling and fixing has been done, but it gives you an idea of what the tiny sheds and shanties looked like that once lined this beach many decades ago. Wellfleet, MA, again, is AMAZING in terms of independent artists and galleries- we saw something like THIRTY art studios (without even looking) in this tiny little town- some of the best fried clams I've ever had too- this place on Route 6 called "Moby Dick's". This area is well worth a visit, but does get NUTS in the summer.


Anyway, semi soon-ish, I'm off to a treehouse in Vermont- and you can bet I'll snap some footage/take some video... Its a place built by Harrison Reynolds, dubbed "The Fern Forest Treehouse".I'll be staying in it for two nights fairly soon...

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen