joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, May 26, 2011

a volkswagon/vw bus solar camper/rv conversion? What the heck?

Is this thing real? If so, its rather interesting- and futuristic- while still holding onto the classic vw look.....
I myself would love to convert/tear apart one of these buses (the old classic versions) at some point and convert it into a static camper....but maybe I'll get to that in my 5th lifetime- lol. Meanwhile, I can still daydream about such a project.


I found this over at www.gliving.com- a really cool site....here's what they had to say....

I’ve always wanted a Volkswagen bus. Long before I was able to drive, I had a fantasy of living down-and-out in a VW camper, aimlessly meandering it along isolated roads far from civilization and parking it along the beach or deep in the woods in order to catch some sleep and gather supplies.
My fantasy never came true and it never will. Turns out I’m not a down-and-out sort; my idea of roughing it is downgrading to a three-star hotel. But luckily for me, there’s nothing rough about the new Volkswagen Westfalia Verdier Solar Powered Mobile Micro Home.
Micro Homes are the way of the future. At least that’s what the design team at Verdier Solar Power thinks, as well as the Jury at Germany’s Caravan Salon Dusseldorf, who awarded the company a Special Design Award for their inspired VW redesign.
The coming together of the Westfalia, long a symbol of the hippy culture, and the green energy technology of Verdier takes the camper experience and turns it on its head, transforming the simple VW bus into a modern, self-sufficient driving/living machine with a smooth design and the coolest features this side of a high-end fifth wheel. Verdier set out to enhance the “light recreational vehicle” and make the Westfalia traveling experience more luxurious and autonomous        www.gliving.com for more