joshua tree workshop 2018

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our Family Rental Cottage (Small, not tiny) in Madison, CT

This ISN’T an episode of “Tiny Yellow House” but I thought it fitting enough to put up on my youtube channel. I shot this last summer (I have literally 2o or more unedited mini-episodes on micro-houses, building, and more, that are sitting around) and wanted to get this up for this summer’s rental season. As I explain in the video, this little Cape Cod Style house of ours- just under 1000 square feet, with three bedrooms- has been in our family for three generations. We’re now forced to rent it out quite a bit these days just to make the tax payments in this GORGEOUS, and historical, but very pricey, Connecticut seaside town. If anyone is ever interested in renting, etc- you can contact me at kid cedar at gmail dot com, and I’ll put you in touch with my father. The place is walking distance to two restaurants and bars, and to downtown as well. The beach is literally 400 feet away too- you can blue crab right off the property, if you’re so daring as to trek through the marsh, and the golf course is 150 feet away- so you can sit back and heckle lousy golfers all day til your heart’s content! (no, please don’t).
UPDATE- here’s a link for more photos, info, rates, a shot of the beach, etc… CLICK HERE
-Derek “Deek” Diedricksen