joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bulletproof, Lockable, Godzilla-Proof Container Home/Small House

ARCHIVED from the OLD Relaxshacks.com
An Easily-Lockable, Bullet-Proof (probably!) Container-Home from TinCanCabin.Com
Sittin’ home today, by a nice wood-fire, and thought I’d update with a few new pics, etc…before I go outside AGAIN to brave the cold and do some more woodworking- YES- in 26″ of snow (pics coming on that tonight or tomorrow as well- most likely). Again (see last post below for SEVERAL NEW VIDEOS, and other project info) I’m building a new mini-cabin structure for another edition of “Tiny Yellow House” for Make Magazine- its gonna be a pretty off-the-wall one and damn fun….AND its doubling for what will become “THE TREE REX” Treehouse/Cabin- a design/Idea also based out of my book. I have sketches of this kinda thing from years back, so its time to take some action.
ALSO- for those just joining us….2011 Relaxshacks.com Hands-On Tiny House/Shelter Workshop in MA- Details Link/Price, etc… is all HERE- http://relaxshax.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/update-on-our-july-9th-relaxshacks-com-tiny-shelter-hands-on-workshop-in-ma/
AND, saw this (the two ABOVE photos) over on SOLAR BURRITO’s website….some real cool pics of a closeable container home. If you own my tiny housing/micro-architecture book “Humble Homes, Simple Shacks…” you’ll see that I have a design very similar to this in there, which I’d LOVE to build someday!
Well, back to work, while I still have sufficient daylight to get things done…
-Derek “Deek” Diedricksen

(Small house/cabin plans/blueprints, container houses, small vacation cabins and camps, rvs, modular homes)