joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lights, Candles, Action! The $300 Backwoods Guest Cabin- DONE....

Soon to be filmed for a mini-episode of my youtube show....

I'll have MANY more photos on this soon- over at www.tinyhouseswoon.com most likely- but here's a quick shot of my cabin in the woods- built with recycled materials and on an extreme budget. No, there is no bathroom or shower, as this is simply meant to be a backwoods reading room, or a sleep spot for guests up in Vermont (outside the main cabin way up the hill). Thanks to Alex Pino of www.tinyhousetalk.com too- who recently shared some in-the-works photos of this little cabin I've dubbed "The Rock Bottom". The Name? Its located at the bottom of a steep hill, next to a HUGE boulder, and was, well, built on a "rock bottom" budget.

I'M STILL looking for some unusual and fun tiny houses and outbuildings to showcase in my new book- if you have any, go post them via email over at.... I'd love to showcase some of your work.

OUR TINY HOUSE FACEBOOK PAGE- www.facebook.com/tinyhousehub

We also have one/two slots left at my upcoming TINY HOUSE BUILDING AND DESIGN WORKSHOP in Canton, MA- Nov. 15-17th....



-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen
Check out my book on small space concepts....