Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hangin' at Ella Jenkins Tiny House in California- A photo tour....

Its Official, Oct (18) 19, 20- Deek hosts his next HANDS-ON Tiny House Building and Design Workshop- Stay Tuned for more info! Or kidcedar at gmail.com to be notified... We'll all be building a new design Deek came up with, Campfire Discussions, guest speakers, tour several tiny cabins, and more...


     Both Ella (Jenkins) and I, among other things, present/host workshops for The Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, and that's the reason I found myself on a plane to San Francisco the other week- to guest speak at one of their events. Beforehand Ella was my ride from the airport, and was also kind enough to give me a tour of her self-built tiny house, which she has dubbed "Little Yellow". To cut to the chase, here are a few photos of her great little home, and I have more photos I'll post down the road, where I specifically will point out some GREAT space saving designs and techniques she has employed in her micro-dwelling. Oh yeah, we also shot a video tour as well- but of course....








Take ONE of the photo you saw earlier....

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

My Book....

12 comments:

  1. Can you please take photos of the bathrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to find out more break down costs of different tiny homes (Total costs, costs on different aspects of the home, etc)...suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you please play us a song on the banjo!?! LOVE your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. would have like to see full view on both sides of the kitchen and the back little room/bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she has a video tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxidewQhuE

      Delete
  6. Nice video, well worth watching. Her tiny home is well designed and laid out. I wonder its length?

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have a recording studio?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why build these with gable roofs instead of say a gambrel style ( barn like )which would allow more head room ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. johnism, I wondered that myself. It might be because that's a harder roof to build, but then I really don't think so. Gambrel roof sounds a lot better to me.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing..
    I like the outside of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deek, if you ain't spoken for you should hook up with Ella. If she in deed built that tiny house she's just the gal for you. I think the two of you would make a damn good team.

    ReplyDelete