Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The "Killer Friggin' Treehouse" (K.F.C.)- What's the weirdest thing you've repurposed??

 Yeah, again, my wife's a trooper....she came home to find THIS sitting in our yard.....


 Well, cruising through the ole Taco Hell drive thru the other day, I spotted this perched on top of their remodel-dumpster, and thought it was far too ridiculous to pass up. Having a few coils of rope and bungees in my van- always- I loaded 'er up.

What will I do with it? Well, the title of this post pretty much spoils it, but this thing is so rugged and thick (and nearly 5' by 8') that it would make a great, and super-gaudy, tree house roof! A friend of mine also came up with the evil suggestion of making it the roof of a chicken coop! Evil, yet comical....

What about you? Can you top this one in terms of bizarre re-purposed items!?

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

5 comments:

  1. Hey Deek, I'v enjoyed following your blog and your post on re-purposing is something I could relate to and a KFC-oop sounds like a great idea. Hers a link to my blog and some re-purposed projects...http://bckrvue.blogspot.com/ bckrvue.blogspot.com
    thanks tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a find! I like the chicken coop idea, but rather than a roof, the best revenge would be to make it the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the irony! I saw a post once about a guy who said "when a bird poops on my car, I sit on the porch and east scrambled eggs". Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a needle fob out of a baby formula scoop, coffee, hot glue and a soda cap. Not "house oriented" but still pretty cool. If you would like, check out www.miss-elaine-yus.com and click on the recycled catagory. Keep up the great work Deek...I follow you and Kent Griswald everywhere, and share you on FB a lot. You both give me hope.

    ReplyDelete