joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tiny Budget Arm Chair, For A Tiny Budget Home ('Swanky" Pallet Chair)

Has even the tiniest of houses killed your even tinier budget? Well check out this low/no-dough furnishing option! I'd even consider rigging a book bin/shelf beneath the seat too- might as well put that space to use!

Chair designed by Pierre Vedel of JustyChair.com

   As we might be attempting to build a forklift pallet/recycled wood deck at the North Carolina Tiny House Building Workshop I'm hosting (aside from an actual tiny house we'll all be working on!), I figured a posting on this clever and creative pallet chair project would be appropriate.
   If we get to this aforementioned deck, you can bet we'll take photos, and perhaps even shoot a video.

Meanwhile, again, thanks to those who have supported me and checked out my "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" book again- yesterday it made it to "#1 ranked" for "Carpentry" books on ALL for amazon.com worldwide. I'm also working on yet another, much larger book, as we speak....er.....as I type.


The red/blood orange cushion really MAKES this one. The shelving unit is about as simple as it gets too!

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen