joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bye-Bye To "The Boxy Lady" Micro Cabin/Shelter

Bye-Bye to "The Boxy Lady".....
Photo by Bruce Bettis
My micro-cabin/shelter "The Boxy Lady", which won a "Best In Show" Ribbon at Maker Faire 2010 in NYC, visited a CT libary for a speaking event, was on display for weeks in the seaside town of Scituate, MA, has a cameo in the upcoming horror film "Slew Hampshire", and was MY FIRST mini-feature video for "Tiny Yellow House" for Make Zine, now has a new owner.

I'm slowly selling the tiny cabins I have, to make way for (with the proceeds) several NEW projects and designs that will be the subject of upcoming videos for my DIY youtube series. You can subscribe to my channel by going to www.youtube.com/relaxshacksDOTcom  I have SIXTY FOUR videos up there now- all DIY and Tiny House/Cabin related.

Soon, "The Gypsy Junker" cabin will be up for sale, as well as "The GottaGiddaWay". The money from these might also go towards an eventual Shipping Container Tiny House Project- as I've long been obsessed with the idea/concept.

Anyway, here is an older video, when I was younger, and had quite a bit more hair....


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen