joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tiny House/Tumbleweed Fencl Photos from our DC Workshop

A Tumbleweed Fencl- this particular model was built by "Big Bill" Rockhill at Bear Creek Carpentry (www.bearcreekcarpentry.com).   

 Better late than never! I've since hosted the Chicago Tumbleweed Workshop as well (I'll post photos of that soon), but here's a few Fencl and classroom shots from Washington, DC- another GREAT group of people! Jan Kenney, who lives in the Tumbleweed that Gregory Paul Johnson once owned, and the Boneyard Studios Group (www.boneyardstudios.com) were our guest speakers too. Aside from it reaching 104 degrees in the city when we arrived, and a freak tornado-like windstorm one night that had trees and power out everywhere (we were untouched, thankfully), all went very smoothly- the tiny house gods were on our side apparently!

The NYC Workshop that I'm hosting is October 20th and 21st in Brooklyn- I can't wait!

My other Relaxshacks.com three-day, hands-on, tiny-house-building workshop is Nov 2-4 in Stoughton, MA- we only have about 2-3 spots left now. kidcedar at gmail dot com to sign-up.





I love the top photo, and its one, of about another 1000 or so I have to pick from, that I might put in the next book that I've been working on- a follow-up to my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks".

I'm STILL (and will be for some time) looking for Fort, Treehouse, Shed, Cabin, Tiny House, and Container House photos- one's you've taken or built for another project I'm also working on- YOUR CHANCE to be part of a cool coffee-table style book! kidcedar at gmail dot com.

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen