joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Glass Washboard Windows for your tiny house/guest hut/shed???

As many of you know by now, Relaxshacks.com mainly focuses on tiny housing, vacation cabins, and space efficiency, but I also try to keep it eclectic at times with light-living, and related topics, such as salvage construction, general (and funky) D.I.Y. projects, dumpster diving/curb-culling, and whatever else strikes my fancy. THIS HERE, is from one of those "other" categories, but just one example or idea that might help you further think outside the box, when building or creating.


    Here's another fun idea I've been messing with- "Washboard Windows" (I've long ago given up on washboard abs, so I'll settle for the windows...). This is one idea, among many others I'm trying out) that will probably end up in my follow-up to "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks", or my other FORT-related book- both in the works....
   Anyway, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for one of these, and happened to spot one at the Raynham, MA Flea Market (one of the biggest in MA- EVERY WEEKEND- food, music, people watching, you name it! $1.00 to get in, kids under 12 are free)- its an antique GLASS washboard, which I feel might make for a very unique, translucent, window in some upcoming structure- MAYBE even the one we're building as a group in November!? A Shedworking Groundhouse? Huge Guest Tree-House? I'm still drafting out many ideas- whatever the case, we'll ALL be working on it, and it'll be great!

I'm also working on re-assembling my "All Eights Cabin"- the one that we built for The History Channel, so any attendees will also get to see that, alongside many other cabins, caravans, and shelters that are coming to this gathering!

Speaking of which, our Relaxshacks.com Tiny-House Building Workshop (hands-on), Nov 2-4 in Stoughton, MA is filling up VERY FAST- check out the link above, or email me at kidcedar at gmail dot com to find out more. Three days of building, speakers, demos, camp fire discussions, guest structures, and a heck of alot more!

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen