joshua tree workshop 2018

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Joel Hendriques' kids fort (which'd make for a dang cool vacation cabin!)


     Here's a better, extended photo gallery of a kids fort that Portland, Oregon maker, father, and author, Joel Hendriques (of the super-cool blog www.MadeByJoel.com) built, that I featured wayyyyy back in the old version of this very blog. I've since gotten my grubby mitts on a copy of Joel's book "Made To Play", and its REALLY FUN (see the link below)- and while for kids, it has some very fun, simple, colorful, and unique projects that could be tossed into one's adult cabin or tiny home for some great decor. Speaking of which, this kids cabin, a mere 4' by 8' is something that could be made into a larger scale version, and serve as an affordable, easy-to-build, escape cabin for those, well, not so kiddish. I LOVE the color pallet he employed- again, I'm a sucker for orange.


Some of Joel's work from his book "MADE TO PLAY"
 My favorite in Joel's book are the tiny plywood trees- the colors are great. I'd love to build a larger version at some point, but even the smaller ones would make funky shelf decorations.

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen