joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, March 23, 2012

How BIG of a tiny house geek are you? Win TWO small housing/cabin books....


WANT TO WIN A COPY OF JAY SHAFER and DEEK'S TINY HOUSING BOOKS? FIND OUT JUST HOW MUCH OF A TINY HOUSING SCENE GEEK YOUR ARE! Keep checking out Tumbleweedhouses.com- this will be running THERE this coming week....

Hey All,
     Well, about three weeks back I returned from Seattle's Tumbleweed Tiny House Workshop, where I was a guest speaker and part of the workshop's QnA session, and aside from having a great time out there, shooting some upcoming tiny house tour videos for "Tiny Yellow House" on youtube (with Christopher Smith of Tiny: The Movie), and photo shooting for another book (an eventual sequel to my new edition of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"), I got to meet some equally obsessed folks in the field. What a gathering! Even the mere exchange of ideas with so many likeminded people on coffee breaks was incentive enough to attend this.
Many of these people I had communicated with online before, but had never had a chance to hang with, or have lengthy conversations with, and the experience was just inspiring, fun, and enlightening. Jay Shafer at one point said to me "Ya know, I don't think there's ever been a tiny house gathering of this many builders, teachers, and bloggers all in one place before.". I think he might have been right, and I just wish I could have gotten a photo with ALL of them in it. I came somewhat close though.....

Can you name the people/builders/bloggers/designers in this photo? There's one random guy in the mix I can't even name (sorry, whoever you were- real nice guy though!).

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

I'll also be hosting both the Miami and Boston Tumbleweed Workshops this year- check out the workshop page for details... http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/workshops/miami/    -Derek "Deek" Diedricksen