joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, March 19, 2012

Half a Table for your Tiny House (Straight from the Junk Heap)

A few things....

 First, I see junk tables chucked all the time on curbs, and while a simple wall-mounted shelf would make more sense in a tiny home and provide just as much storage space, the cool factor, and unique look, of this is undeniable. Fun n' funky (and free!)- just keep your eyes peeled and fire up that circular saw... Again, I'm a sucker for orange...

Another way to make your table, AND room, seem bigger


 AND..... (much ado about tiny housing...)

-THIS THURSDAY- 6:30 PM- I'm at the EASTON LIBRARY (The "Ames Free Library") in its unreal, historic, Yale-like, main library room to speak about my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks"....I have a little slide show on some really cool tiny homes I'll be showing as well.

-ALSO- The Miami, FL Tumbleweed Tiny House Workshop (April 14-15) that I'm hosting (I can't wait)- now has two guest speakers who'll be jumping into this info-laden event
          
Alex Pino of Tinyhousetalk.com
          
and Jo-Anne Peck of HistoricShed.com (who have built some great tiny homes, and in-laws)
Check 'em both out!

Check out/sign up for the workshop at http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/workshops/miami/
And Boston's workshop... http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/workshops/boston/
         

-LASTLY, I hit the amazing, seaside town of Rockport, MA over the weekend, and the place was just loaded with some cool, tiny homes and shops. I took a slew of photos, for what could eventually be included in a follow-up design book on tiny homes and cabins. I'll share some of those soon....

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen is the author of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks", Host of "Tiny Yellow House" TV on youtube, and blogger behind "Fortaday.com". Check out Deek's book by clicking HERE.