joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back from Seattle...The Tiny Tumbleweed Workshop and FOUR video shoots

First, randomly, I believe that tinyhouselistings.com is giving away a copy of my NEW and OLD books (both versions of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks")- check it out....you can also order the book below (still #1 ranked for carpentry books on Amazon.com- for SIX weeks now, which is crazy (its also #1 in their larger Building and Design category)).

We all have better abs as a result of the weekend. It was almost non-stop fun/laughter- I'm still sore....
      Well, I'm jetlagged and exhausted, but had more than a great time over at the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company's Workshop in Seattle, where I was part of a QnA guest panel with the likes of Jay Shafer, Pepper/Paprika Clark, and Dee Williams. I have to say, what a great, fun, intelligent, group of people- we all got to hang out three days/nights in a row, and the conversations were damn interesting to say the least- inside, and outside, the workshop. Again, I'm solo teaching the Miami and Boston Tumbleweed Workshops- you can check them out at http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/workshops/ . Please do. We just might have some REALLY interesting guests at both seminars. You'll see....you'll see....


     Also, back on track, while in Seattle, I invited Christopher Smith (of the documentary duo (Merete Mueller being the other)) behind "Tiny: The Movie" (see.: www.tiny-themovie.com) to help me with the film aspect of the trip where he and I bagged THREE new episodes for my "Tiny Yellow House" show. I myself filmed another video short on Sharon Read's Seattletinyhomes.com House on a Trailer- which was very nicely designed, and made a surprise appearance at the workshop. We'll have some of those new videos for you down the road once we edit them- and a photo post down the road....


     Also, I'll soon post some overdue new sketch ideas for cabins, tiny homes, n' shacks- I got a few NEW ones down on my layovers on the way out to Seattle.   -Derek "Deek" Diedricksen