joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, March 3, 2012

#50 and #51 of "Sixty Shack Sketches In Sixty Days" Series on tiny houses, huts, cabins

     Well, "Sixty Shack Sketches in Sixty Days" (which was the lead up to the release of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" has more-so become "...In NINETY DAYS" for a few reasons: A Seattle trip to guest speak at the Tumbleweed Tiny House Workshop, a six day trip to Florida (where I shot a video with Alex Pino of tinyhousetalk.com AND The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House at Disney World), my scanner has had problems, AND I've slowly been working on a plan set for a super-affordable cabin, and a micro-treehouse.

But, I'm no quitter, heck, I'd even consider myself a stubborn sonofa....  so I'm gonna see it through AND post a video montage of ALL sixty tiny house, shack, cabin, and treehouse concepts at some point too....
     Again, these are all either BRAND NEW and never seen sketches (for instance THIS first one below was done on one of my flights to Seattle last week), or a few come from the rarely seen "Quick Camps And Leg Cramps" book from wayyyy back, and/or the cut-out session/folio for the new version of "Humble Homes" (below)....but enough yammering....  -Derek "Deek" Diedricksen