joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, December 2, 2011

A DEATHWISH- SIXTY CABINS, HUTS, SHACKS, COTTAGES, TINY HOMES, TREEHOUSES, and FORTS in SIXTY DAYS

Well, I've toyed with this idea for awhile, thinking it might be a fun lead-up to the official release date of my new book (and yes, overtly, it would be to help promote my book, as if this one does well enough, Lyons Press (or whoever) would be game to let me do ANOTHER tiny housing book (and hopefully more down the road). I just think, like I said, that it'd be fun too....
       
SIXTY CABINS IN SIXTY DAYS- Deek's Deathwish....

Anyway, I'm somewhat foolish to do it, as it means I'll be taking on a s-load more work (while still dropping some REGULAR blog posts here and there), but for the next SIXTY DAYS (which takes us right up to the mailing/release date of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" (which you can order now on Amazon.com), I'm going to try to drop a cabin, hut, small house, micro-home, or tree house design/concept sketch EACH and EVERY DAY. I'm going to TRY to at least (as I'm building a greenhouse for clients, a micro A-frame for a demo, and shooting about 3-4 videos for MAKE Magazine between now and then....

I'm going to try to make about 90% of these BRAND NEW stuff you've never yet seen, or in the case of rehashes- ones that the majority of people have yet to see.

Soon to go the way of the Dodo.....this one's from the "old" version of the book, and has never been tossed online yet (at least that I know of).
     TODAY- #1, is actually an oldie (I know, I know, just when I said most of them would be new), but THIS is a sketch that is being retired- it was in the OLD, hand assembled version of "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" but WILL NOT be in the new one, so as to make way for new/other concepts in that newer, expanded edition. This is a sketch that I felt just wasn't up to snuff with some of the other new stuff, but one that I still dig the idea it represented.

Again- we'll have some regular posts too....don't worry...



-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen