Tiny House Summer Camp 4

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tiny House/Small Home Appliances: Refrigerators

The Lantry- from Painted Pavilions- a micro-cabin where one of these little fridges would be perfect!
       Forgetting it was "Black Friday" yesterday, in need of some screws and caulk (for the Tiny Solar Cabin I'm building- see the next most recent post) I ventured out to Lowe's. Luckily- maybe it's just the lousy economy- but it wasn't a zoo, and while there, I did drool over a few sale items. This particular item (the Frigidaire version (8 bottles) for $50) caught my eye. This is the kind of mini fridge I would/will someday incorporate into a full-amenity micro-build, or trailer house/cabin of my own (believe me, I have MANY ideas/sketches). I really haven't seen others go this route, and something like this is so compact, easy to hide, stuff, or mount anywhere (even up higher as a cabinet), that is seems a decent choice for a truly micro-fridge if you don't plan on keeping many perishables- or just don't have room for a larger/wider college-type fridge. Its pretty decent looking, in a modern sense too- as long as you keep its inner contents clean and organized. Take the wine trays out of this thing and you could squeeze in a couple milk cartons, your leftovers, and so on......

The Edgestar 12-bottle wine cooler- This one lists for $85.00
 NOTE: The model link given here is to give you access to info on this model, and others....they range greatly in price, but most are pretty affordable. DEFINITELY read the reviews- I can't recommend this, or any of them first hand, as I'm still in the slow process of researching one for myself down the road. When I do finally decide on one, I'll let you all know which and why...

This could work very well in RV or Treehouse applications too....

The NEW edition of my book- $11.49 on Amazon.com

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen


  1. Before anyone buys one of the Edgestar 12-bottle wine coolers, they might like to read the feedback for them on Amazon.com.

  2. PLEASE DO! I only put up that pic as a reference- the one I make mention to is a smaller Frigidaire one-

    I do also mention- "The model link given here is to give you access to info on this model, and others....they range greatly in price, but most are pretty affordable."

    I couldn't find a readily available and free-use photo of the Frigidaire one...

    So yes, as with anything, you'd be nuts if you didn't read the reviews first.

    Thanks/take care

  3. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. second hand appliances

  4. Thanks for sharing this post. nice Home appliances having all new features in it and within budget.i think it's best product according to me.

    Remote switch for light

    Remote switch for fan