Jamaica Cottage Shop

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nicky's Super Bad-Ass Caravan/Tiny Home in Germany (and her ClickClackGorilla Dumpster Diving Blog)

Just a Tiny House "Eye Candy" shot tonight (from Nicolette and her kick-butt caravan over at ClickClackGorilla.com), as I just got back from band rehearsal, after a long day of working on "The Krunk Bunk" in preparation for a Make Magazine shoot for "Tiny Yellow House" this friday. I'm dead tired. Speaking of which, we've slowly been piecing together an episode on the very caravan in this photo- can't wait to share it down the road!

 Reportedly, she only put $1200.00 into rehabilitating and decorating/furnishing this entire place (and I believe that INCLUDES the once-beaten caravan she rescued and dragged from a farm lot.

     Anyway, off to vegetate and read some more of "Living At The End of Time" a book I picked up criminally cheap- by Littleton, MA author "John Hanson Mitchell"- its a GREAT book (a modern take on Thoreau, of sorts), and I'm tearing through it. I'll actually be speaking with John at Walden Woods for a Tiny House segment/session they're holding- September 10th, from what I've been told.

I picked up his book not even knowing/realizing this and thinking "Wow, this sounds like it could be an interesting read, oh, and he's a local guy too...". Glad I grabbed a copy.

To some, sorry for so many book reviews lately, I'm just a TOTAL bookworm, and ALWAYS reading, so its hard to help it...


-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen

2 comments:

  1. Your review of this book made me order it too! Amazon is amazing. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the info. Patty Squirell

    ReplyDelete
  2. That number does include the price of the caravan itself, Deek, which was actually a gift from a couple who didn't want to bother moving the thing when they decided to move to another town. I paid someone 75 Euro to haul it to our place. Quite a bargain. Thanks for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete