joshua tree workshop 2018

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A FEW Recycled road sign metal furniture/tables.....salvaged-material furniture for your small home/cabin


Now these are all pretty cool looking, but I'm not so sure I approve of the idea as, let's face it, it'll result in more stolen signs and a financial burden on tax payers. On the other hand. supposedly you can get discarded, older signs from your town or department of public works, and I've occasionally seen them at yard sales (perhaps formerly stolen too), but chances are that these won't have the pristine/clean look you might be going for (a la the one in the photo). The basic recycling and creative idea is kind of interesting though- especially for those who are handy with metalworking. Ultimately I'd love to have one in my tiny house/camp/cabin up in Vermont, but will prob. pass. I'm sure the ones being sold at "designer" stores, will have an insane price tag as well...

Here's another as well....




-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen