joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, April 18, 2011

The grandaddy of all trees for a tiny home locale, treehouse/treehome.....

WOW....this tree's just too regal and impressive to build a treefort or treehome in, but I just had to share. I originally saw this on Lloyd Kahn's blog. Overall, this tree reminds me of something straight off the stage-set of Willow, The Return Of The Jedi, or The Lord Of The Rings ( to name-drop some nerdy flicks).
The lower massive branch could also enable you to walk, ramp-style, right up to the front door of your little tiny house aloft- but again, I'd just leave a tree this incredible, alone.

On another note- we finished shooting yet another episode of "Tiny Yellow House" for youtube last night (you can see all our videos on our RelaxshacksDOTcom channel on youtube). Its more geek-craft than it is tiny housing, but I think you'll still appreciate it, and it IS home related. This should air in early May I believe, on Make Magazine's channel/blog- and beyond...

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen