joshua tree workshop 2018

Friday, June 8, 2012

FOURTEEN fun and ultra-tiny cabin/small house, and treehouse concepts

NOTE: THIS SATURDAY (tomorrow)- I'll be speaking and presenting a tiny house slide show at the Guilford, CT library- FREE!!! Come out and say hello! 3pm to 4:30. I'll also have my micro cabin "The GottaGiddaWay" on hand.....

As for today....
I've been so busy with teaching workshops for the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company (upcoming I have Washington, DC on June 30th-July 1st, then later Chicago and NYC), prepping my own 2nd Relaxshacks.com workshop ("Tiny House Summer Camp" in Vermont), AND building and filming things for Make Magazine, that I mostly forgot about "Sixty Shack Sketches in Sixty Days". Sorry!

NOTE: These are all quick, sloppy, rough drafts, NOT what you'll find in my book.....




    Well, "Sixty Days" was meant as a lead up to the release of the NEW version of my tiny house idea/design book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks", but by now has become "...in one hundred and sixty days". I am a man that likes to finish what I started however, so to make it up to you, all in one post, here are the remaining sketches I never had a chance to post. I made it up to #55, I believe, so lets just end this glacier-speed spree, and drop many of 'em all at once (and then some).







Many of these  I've done more recently while brainstorming ideas for the tiny cabin/house that all attendees of my Tiny House Summer Camp workshop will be building. Some of the sketches are damn rough, as well, that was the idea....others, the next houseboat one below, for instance, are unrelated altogether.


 
This upcoming Vermont workshop still has room for about 4-5 people, so email me at kidcedar at gmail dot com if you might be interested. Thanks!

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen