joshua tree workshop 2018

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Relax Shack Micro Cabin/Office- More Work Gettin' Done....

Owl print by Allyson Gutchel aka turddemon on ebay, and the larger piece, on wood, is by KEEMO
 Check out Allyson at https://www.facebook.com/Turddemon and Keemo at www.KeemoGallery.com

     Aside from shooting some video the other day on this little cabin- before then embarking on a weekend-long road trip with my brother Dustin- 12 cabins, 9 videos, 6 sites, 3 states, 2 days, 43 cups off coffee- I had a little time to work on a cabin we built during our last tiny house building and design workshop, one called "The Relax Shack". This small office's back wall used a scrap-wood technique I've dubbed a "wild wall", and aside for showcasing that, you can see the recycled deck-wood ceiling I've installed, and some funky art I've hung as well. Additionally, the chair is something I got at "Your Lucky Day" Thrift Shop in Randolph/Stoughton, MA- $5.00.

     As for the road trip and videos- they're coming soon! If you'd like to help us out, while also reaching a ton of people for your business, etc- let me know, we could always use a few small sponsors. Kidcedar at gmail.com if you're down....

     Also, as this cabin isn't on my land, it will be for sale- with a large chunk of the proceeds going to charity. It'd make for a great reading room, backyard office, a forest retreat, kid's play space, craft room, or artists shack.

Above: The "New" ceiling, clad in old, free, deck boards....




-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen