joshua tree workshop 2018

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Huge Houseboat/Floating Home Spotted in Quincy, MA

First, remember, tomorrow is our little "Buy Local" day (no matter where you are) that we blogged about here on Relaxshacks.com the other week. If you have NO IDEA what I'm talking about- CLICK HERE for the post that explains it.
     I'm planning on taking my son for a haircut at a local barber, hittin' up a mom n' pop store or two for a gift or so I've been meaning to buy, and then perhaps heading to a new lil' restaurant that opened in town, just to try it out, or an old favorite pizza haunt in the area. On the way home I'll probably stop into a Portuguese bakery I dig to buy some homemade bread for that night's dinner. All cash, by the way, since the CC companies take such a sizeable chunk of any store's earnings.


Speaking of homegrown- well, to this area at least...thanks to Kate "TT" Bendix, my sister in law, for sending these shots of a houseboat she spotted at Marina Bay in Quincy, MA. Its amazing this thing floats! Not a "tiny house" by any means, but I am a houseboat addict.... Our next most recent post was of a houseboat concept of mine as well....if you feel so inclined.



As always, 'cause a bloggers gots ta' eat- check out the NEW version of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" on Amazon.com (or in any local bookseller (ask them to order it if they don't have it). Thanks!
-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen