joshua tree workshop 2018

Thursday, February 9, 2012

THREE weird/wild tiny house/small cabin concepts...

Here's another BRAND NEW one that was added into the expanded version of my book "Humble Homes, Simple Shacks" (the first sketch), AND TWO MORE, as part of "Sixty Shack Sketches In Sixty Days"- which I'll eventually chronicle in a slide show at some point. These are sketches #45, #46, and #47....we're getting there.....carpal tunnel here I come!
     Also, Steven Harrell over at tinyhouselistings.com will have a prize package of my new book, and some other things (one of the few remaining copies of "Quick Camps and Leg Cramps" to give away soon....stay tuned....

"A New Angle"- one of the new micro-designs (one of several) in the new version of "Humble Homes"
Star-Wars inspired I'm sure, I briefly showed this one on the blog quite a ways back....I still would LOVE to build something like this someday.
This is a tangent continuation of a recent post on Curt Lyons who built a kid version of one of my cabins from my book. Here's the same exact concept, but showing that you can very simply enlarge the idea and make it much more so an adult cabin- a very affordable, easy to build one too!

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen
 MANY MORE IDEAS and SKETCHES COMING SOON!